Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Strawberries 2/5.00

Grocery shopping with the boyfriend is always an interesting adventure. The more you do it the easier it becomes or the less frequent it happens, but either way the first few trips are funny. Over the years I have found that when shopping with a guy they always seem to think when the sale is two, three, four or so on for a set amount that they have to buy that many in order to get the price advertised. I have had numerous conversations about this before. This time it just tickled me enough that I wanted to write a little blurb about it. I made sure to take a picture of the receipt, so I would have proof that I didn't really have to purchase 2 of them to get the sale price of 2.50 even though the sign said 2/5.00.

I wonder how many woman are unpacking the bags from a mans grocery shopping and comes across a few extras of the promotional items. I probably find humor in this since I worked as a cashier for so many years.





1 comment:

  1. Ruby and I were talking about this post a few weeks ago. I cracked up when she shared with me about Dorothy coming home wtih 10 boxes of pop tarts one time, cause she thought she had to get 10 of them to get the special.

    ReplyDelete