Friday, April 1, 2011

Life is.....


Xavier made this table for me and I have carried it from place to place, refusing to get rid of it. I made J and I breakfast one morning and thought the set up was cute and didn't even realize how awesome it all looked on the table.

Yes, this has Jason written all over it. I love it when he surprises me with some random flowers. Take note of the table they are sitting on. Someone was giving this away at my apartment and I am going to do my first art project using it.

I remember back in college when a dear friend and I were having a Life Is conversation. I used to be the most analytical person I knew. We came up with, Life is like a roller coaster, you have your highs and your lows….

Well, that is what I used to say, but gosh I sure have been on a high for a good while now and am pretty excited about it. I want to take a few moments and make sure I account for all the things that have been taking place in my life right now. I wished I could get the “journal” like entries caught up, so I could do some writing just for fun. There just aren’t enough hours in the day. I hear it only goes quicker the older we get. No wonder our clocks go tic toc.

I finally got all my credit card debt paid off. I can’t believe it. I am so proud of myself. I thought the day would never get here. Now, I move on to the next mess to clean up. I wonder if there ever gets to a time you get to stop cleaning up messes. This one is going to take me a bit longer I do believe, but the point is I will get there. Winning the lottery seems like the better option, but guess the side job will do for now.  Side job you say, yes I do have a second gig that I really enjoy doing.  I also applied for a third one as well. Don’t get all excited and conjure up some crazy ideas. It is just babysitting, but boy the things I have learned about myself from just babysitting is an entry all alone. I even got some business cards to pass out. The families that I have given them to just think they are awesome. My friends even said I was creative. I have to be the most uncreative person I know. This compliment could have made me question the truth in the comments, but heck no I had a smile from ear to ear. It was a bit surreal when I realized I was getting paid to watch these sweet children. When I feel like I should be paying them for helping me escape reality a little bit. I am not sure if I will ever have any children of my own, but I fear how scared I may be as a new parent. I find myself obsessing over the baby monitor and going in to take peaks on them very frequent. It is kind of funny. It has just over all been a great eye opening and learning experience for me.


Moving right along, I CUT MY HAIR. It has been two weeks and I am still in shock. At least I donated it for a good cause. I am still using too much shampoo and conditioner. I can’t style it worth crap and I am constantly touching the back of it to make certain there really isn’t any hair there. I know exactly what a pooch feels like when their owner shaves them for the summer. I find myself wanting to hide under a hat. I am glad I got it hacked off. I mean it has been about 8 years. Good for the soul. Now if I can just not mess with the color for awhile I can learn what my real hair color is.

We made our way to the Dallas Arboretum. This would be my first time and I can not believe it has taken me so long to make it to this little piece of heaven on earth. It was more beautiful than I anticipated. We didn’t even get our foot in the garden and I was instantly engulfed with such pleasant aromas. They have In Bloom going on right now since a lot of the flowers are In Bloom, get it? (Awww hahaha) They also have seven whimsically designed castles based on the original classic fairy tales on display. This was pure greatness. There were one or two that we weren't even sure we really knew. Here are just a few pictures of one. Since the Little Mermaid is and will always be my favorite. I was partial to these.
  


There were so many beautiful girls wearing these gorgeous gowns and carrying uniquely made bouquets. I thought we would see more brides, but there was only one and she did not look very happy. We were thinking maybe it was because there was no sun shinning. I thought to myself what a bummer to be so upset and not even enjoy the day. I would rather have some happy memories and pictures in the gloom than disgruntled and anger. I think you got to go with what nature hands you. She is one thing there isn't any point in getting upset with.I may need to think of some other people and situations in my life as being the same as Mother Nature. Great example would be if it rains on your wedding day, just embrace it. Maybe easier said then done.

I think one of my favorite parts was going through the exhibit that has little houses, a church, a school and a tepee. It was explaining how towns were built, migration took place, original farming and the way of life. I think this exhibit is up year round. I could have easily stayed all day. J was probably thankful it was cold; we didn’t wear the most comfy shoes or prep the best we could have. Since it was our first go around we did well enough. We had some delish food, tasty coffees and a boat load of fun taking pictures.  We are looking in to possible getting some Concerts in the Garden tickets. I know we will for sure be back. Shoot maybe even become members. Yeah, I liked it that much.














I had no idea how amazing Wisteria smells. I think I will refer to it as Wonderfully Wisteria!


Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get
-Forrest Gump I think I am going to go with this quote for now and leave the roller coaster on standstill. I can use a a medium vs high and lows. Life is beautiful and I am so thankful for mine and YOURS!

Just for fun-Authors Unknown
Life is like photography; we use the negatives to develop
Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish,
but you only spend it once
Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealt you represents
determinism; the way you play it is free will 
Life is like a taxi. The meter just keeps a-ticking whether you are getting somewhere or just standing still

No comments:

Post a Comment