Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Costa Rica = Picture Time

I realized that I wrote a huge blog about Costa Rica, but I never placed any pictures. Probably because there were like a thousand of them (literally). I have decided to challenge myself. I can only pick two pictures per day and I am allowed two extras. So, here we go.
We walked up to the crater of the Paos Volcano. It wasn't the prettiest thing, but it looked like it went on forever. I feel as though I compare to a bird in the sky. The cloud cleared out , we took some photos. I was a bit surprised to see how quickly it went from clear to the air being completely covered with cloud. They say there are people that come and never get to see past the clouds. We were thankful that we got to actually see inside the volcano. We headed on our way to see the inactive crater that was now filled with water. It was a mile or so away. When we first made it up there we could not see a thing. It was filled with white. We ventured off to have fun taking some "jungle like" photos to appease the adventure in me and when we came back down the walk path we saw the most beautiful site ever. 
Surprised
I felt like this is something that you would see in Hawaii. Besides the fact that you can not even touch this water. It was the most magical experience ever. If the clouds had not moved on we would have never seen this. Now, I did not know what beautiful site I would have missed out on either, but the shock that ran through my veins was the epitome of what Costa Rica has to offer. Nature is amazing and I saw the changes take place so quickly right before my eyes.
Miracle
This is not necessarily my favorite picture as much as it is on of my favorite moments. They are loading our luggage up on that bad boy. We are water bound for the entire weekend. I have always wanted to travel to a place you can not transport via car. I was so excited and could not wait to hop on. Pachira here we come! Suspenseful 
These guys were everywhere. They entertained me the entire time. Especially this big fat one that had a hole close to the front door of our cabin. I could scare him back in every time we came in and out. It was kind of like having a wild pet.
Fiction
The Howler monkey was so much fun. Adrian our boat tour guide would rev up the motor while we were on our canal cruises to drive them mad. You could holler out a ew ew ew and they would reply. 
Theatrical
I took a picture of another random boat out in the canal doing a cruise. It was rather far away, but I was trying to grasp in a photo what I was actually feeling in our little tour boat. You were just completely and totally surrounded with more green than you can even imagine. There would be a glimpse of light shining through the tops of the trees or breaking in through branches. It was surreal. You, the group, all the plants and wildlife everywhere. All I can compare it to is a dream. 
Untouchable
Pools and Pools of water starting from the top and working there way down. They range in temperatures too hot to stand in to some that you will never want to get out of the. The pools are natural volcanic sprung fed. Miracle
This rain/thunderstorm was scary. I have not stood out in such a hard, cold, solid pouring down rain before. It will start out of nowhere. It will come for a little bit and then be gone. I love the rain and was excited for a little bit, but then when the lighting was striking pretty frequently and sounded so loud I hesitated movement.  Freighting.
Chocolate massages were pretty awesome. I can not wait to get another one.
Luxury 
I am adding this picture just because this was the main highlight of going to La Fortuna was to see the Arenal Volcano. This is a huge tourist attraction for Costa Rica. I personally felt it was just too big to grasp. If that makes sense. It was far away and without being any closer It was hard to take it for real. 
Massive
You never know what piece of beautiful you may see just from turning around the corner. We were dinning at some special place and I decided to just take a peak around the trees off the typical path and stumbled upon this beautiful flowing river. 
Noisy
This is the view of are patio while looking out to the ocean. It is by far one of the most luxurious hotels I have ever stayed in. It was beautiful, but a little too off path for me. The place seemed almost ghost town like. Quiet
Sunset 
Amazing
Daytime
Flawless
Bubble bath tub while watching a huge flat screen. 
Flawless
The night view of our 5-Star stay. 
Brite
Here we go trapping off in to the rain forest to get even closer than I even imagined. The sound of the animals being enclosed by the trees will make you question reality or science-fiction.
Fun
There were so many different bodies of water. They ranged from different colors to flows to temperatures. I had no idea there could be so many varieties in one vacation. This was one we saw from the bus window. Interesting
Ugly
This took place right before my eyes. This was out in the wild.  I can still hear the sound from the force of the chomp.
Crazy
The map of the places traveled. 
Smarter

If I ever feel I want to escape the day at my desk I will just open the files and start looking at the pictures again. I know that we were so lucky to be able to go and I do not ever want to take it for granted. It warms my heart every time I mention that I went to Costa Rica because, of the response from the person I am telling. It is an instant reminder to me of how lucky I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment